O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel. But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported. The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ...
A Hindu temple that dates back over 150 years, a market that sports an Indian name and love for Bollywood reflect the India connect of the Yemeni city of Aden. The famous Hindu temples include the Shri Tarichmerga Temple that was built in 1862, the Shri Ram Ji Temple that was built in 1875 and the Hanuman Temple that was built in 1882. It is estimated that Indians in Aden numbered 8,563 in ...
Actor Justin Bartha, who plays Doug, one of the four friends in the popular "The Hangover" film series, is reportedly engaged to fitness trainer Lia Smith. The movie star proposed to Smith early May. "They're the cutest couple. She was completely surprised by the whole thing," usmagazine.com quoted a source as saying. "The trip to Big Sur, the engagement, the ring, everything. So cute," the ...
Manama-May-19(BNA)His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, incumbent President of GCC Supreme Council, received today at Al-Sakhir Palace Supreme Council for Youth and Sport (SCYS) Chairman and Bahrain Olympic Committee (BOC) President Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, who introduced to him the GCC youth and sport ministers, heads of Olympic committees and undersecretaries who are attending ...
CBS previews are fourth-wall-breaking behind-the-scenes clips for their first round of fall video instead of trailers (so you could argue CBS has a disadvantage in the poll, but that’s The Eye’s promotion strategy). So let us know which fall shows you’re most excited about. New midseason shows ...
79°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 1 MPH
The Adventures of Antoine Doinel: The 400 Blows, Antoine and Colette, Stolen Kisses, Bed and Board, Love on the Run [DVD]
In the early 1950s, with the help of noted film theorist and critic Andr Bazin, 20-year-old Franois Truffaut began writing regularly for the Parisian film journal Cahiers du cinma. He quickly gained a reputation as an uncompromising and often vicious critic with a clear-cut sense of what was great about the cinemahe openly took aim on such previously untouchable French masters as Marcel Car ... ...
Zarika 's bout was not the main fight. Light weight six-round contest pitting Uganda's Hamza Wandera against Tanzania's Osward Maneno was the most exciting and could have gone either way. The ring judges however, gave victory to ...
It was Thika United, who went up first in the match after John Wanyonyi scored in the 23rd minute. The move was initiated by Kennedy Otieno, who picked a loose ball in the middle of the pack and shot on the turn. The goal bound shot was too fast for Joseph Ruto in goal. He palmed it allowing a waiting Wanyonyi to simply tap it home. Mathare United were back in the match after ten minutes and it ...
'I worry if I'm a good person' - psychology student Emma Campbell, who suffers extreme anxiety attacks. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the ...
At least five people were injured in what is believed to have been a gas explosion at a house in Nottinghamshire.The house was severely damaged in the blast at around 5.10pm on Wright street, Newark, according to Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.The five injured people are thought to have been injured in the explosion. Initial reports said that some had to be rescued ...
$84.1 million for the four and a half days that it has been open. Though nothing to scoff at, it’s still underperforming according to initial projections which hoped for a $100 million extended weekend and $80 million on the three-day. The first Star ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wrest Point Hotel & Casino, Hobart, Australia
This 4 star hotel, casino and entertainment complex is situated on the foreshores of Sandy Bay in Hobart, the capital ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
The attorneys for Ariel Castro, the man accused of raping and kidnapping three women for around a decade in his Cleveland home, have claimed that he's not a 'monster' and will plead not guilty to kidnapping and rape charges.
Lawyer Jaye Schlachet said that they will plead that Castro is not guilty, but did not say on what grounds Castro will plead not guilty.
According to news.com.au, the lawyers said that Castro is not a monster and should not be demonised by the media. Schlachet added that all the evidence will be disclosed at the court proceedings,
The 52-year-old is being held on an eight million dollars bond and has been charged with kidnapping and raping three women over a 10-year period, one of whom bore his child in captivity.
Prosecutors said that they also may charge Castro with the aggravated murder of unborn babies as one of the women lost during beatings, a crime that could carry death penalty.
Michelle Knight, 32, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Amanda Berry, 27, were freed on May 6 after a neighbour heard Berry call for help and kicked in the door to Castro's house in a working-class Cleveland neighbourhood. (ANI)
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Inside Greenwichs $190 million Copper Beech Farm
- Cousin Vinny Gambini Theres Nothin To Worry About...
- Forbes Style File Archive
- Billy Hunters Lawsuit Against Derek Fisher And The NBPA Could Be Worth Millions Of Dollars
- Gwyneth Paltrow a big-time foodie
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- Rahul Gandhi criticises opposition for stalling Food Bill
- Top restaurants find new rules hard for them to stomach
- Health fears over high fresh food price
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Luc Bessons EuropaCorp Chinas Fundamental to Co-Produce Transporter Films
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Women fall for men with styled facial hair
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- U.S. stocks on a roll Yahoo Microsoft stoke appetite
- Keeping the focus on long term
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- U.S. stocks higher ahead of data Dow Jones up 0.15
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Federal agents arrest top enforcement officer in US Virgin Islands environment agency
- Climate change meltdown unlikely but human disaster looms claims new research
- The invisible beauty of flowers - in pictures
- Tar sands exploitation would be game over climate warns leading scientist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Miracle in Cleveland but we still need miracles elsewhere too
- Cleveland Asian Festival 2013 Wish they allowed camping out there
- Gomes taking advantage of chances
- VP Atkins heaps high praise on prospect Lindor
- Todays MLB starting lineups May 19