AKRON -- A slew of attorneys are available to answer questions from residents who may be concerned about their information being compromised during last week's cyber attack on the city's ...
Zach approached classmates Daniel Axner and Peter Zeid, along with Adam, about conducting a basketball fundraiser. Held at Solon Community Center, the event raised $1,500 for the Hospice of the Western Reserve, where Adam's father was a patient. He died April 21, ...
Montefiore will celebrate "131 Years of Reaching New Heights" during its annual meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22 in the Maltz Auditorium at Montefiore, 1 David N. Myers Parkway in ...
For those who can no longer drive, the Beachwood senior van transportation service provides free door-to-door service with a wheelchair-equipped van. The service is offered to residents living in Beachwood who are 60 years or older, or are disabled and 18 years or older. The van service is used for a variety of transportation ...
An annual cycling event to benefit cancer research at Cleveland Clinic will be established thanks to a $1 million gift from Cleveland Clinic Trustee Stewart A. Kohl and his wife, ...
Winds: From the West at 1 MPH
Don McKay [Blu-Ray]
Jake Goldbergers directorial debut Don McKay is an offbeat neo-noir that features one of those convoluted scams whose slow and methodical revelation provides a great teal of tense pleasure, but once revealed is so inanely complicated and ridiculous that you have to wonder if it is all ... ...
The autistic boy and his family are from Akron and were staying in a cabin near the Muskingum River when Andrew "Drew" Howell went missing Saturday. The family later found him in the ...
Cleveland's VeloSano cycling fundraiser to benefit Cleveland Clinic cancer research is modeled off Columbus' Pelotonia. Cleveland is going to have its own version of Columbus' popular Pelotonia bike ride for cancer fundraising, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. Through a $1 million donation to Cleveland Clinic from Stewart Kohl and his wife Donna, VeloSano, as it's called, will ...
CLEVELAND -- Two people were taken to the hospital after their car crashed into a house on Cleveland's east side early Tuesday morning. The crash was at East 116th Steet and Honeydale Avenue. One person was in critical condition, the other in stable condition. Details of the crash were not released. Police are investigating. ...
CLEVELAND -- One man was shot in the area of E. 89th Street and Buckeye Road early Tuesday morning. He was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center. His condition is not available. The shooting was reported close to 1 a.m. Police did not comment on whether they had any suspects. ...
CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Police are searching for a 61-year-old man who went missing from the Cleveland Veteran's Administration Hospital Monday afternoon. Martin Dearing walked away from the hospital on East Boulevard wearing green hospital clothing around noon. He is described as a black male, 5-foot-10, 215 pounds, with gray hair and brown eyes. Dearing suffers from extremely poor ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
The attorneys for Ariel Castro, the man accused of raping and kidnapping three women for around a decade in his Cleveland home, have claimed that he's not a 'monster' and will plead not guilty to kidnapping and rape charges.
Lawyer Jaye Schlachet said that they will plead that Castro is not guilty, but did not say on what grounds Castro will plead not guilty.
According to news.com.au, the lawyers said that Castro is not a monster and should not be demonised by the media. Schlachet added that all the evidence will be disclosed at the court proceedings,
The 52-year-old is being held on an eight million dollars bond and has been charged with kidnapping and raping three women over a 10-year period, one of whom bore his child in captivity.
Prosecutors said that they also may charge Castro with the aggravated murder of unborn babies as one of the women lost during beatings, a crime that could carry death penalty.
Michelle Knight, 32, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Amanda Berry, 27, were freed on May 6 after a neighbour heard Berry call for help and kicked in the door to Castro's house in a working-class Cleveland neighbourhood. (ANI)
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- Energy Stocks Energy stocks stretch winning streak to second day
- The Logic Of Biologics - Is Regeneron The Next Roche
- Subsidy Reform Dispute Imperils Moroccos Ruling Coalition
- Media Advisory - International Chardonnay Day May 23 celebrates worlds most planted grape
- Bugs for dinner Thailand raises ‘six-legged livestock’ for global food study
- Chartwells School Dining Services Partners with Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana to Re-Launch the Spartan Summer Food ...
- Macken to Head U.S. Sales at Kellogg
- Twitter granted new patent vows to use it only defensively
- Vote Which of These New Broadcast Dramas Will Get Canceled First
- ATT Sprint waive overage fees for Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cannes Metrodome Takes Lukas Moodyssons We Are the Best
- Pandora now lets you listen to albums before theyre released
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- JPMorgans Dimon wins by a landslide
- Investors shift focus to Bernanke
- New Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index Commentary Offers Insight into April Hedge Fund Performance
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks up slightly on Fed’s ‘QE’ hints
- U.S. stocks open higher with Fed speakers on tap
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Number of excellent quality UK beaches plummets
- Big-cat sightings is Britain suffering from mass hysteria
- Oklahoma tornado followed by extreme weather warnings for four states
- Environmental First Nations activists plan protest at Sarnia oil sands meeting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Akron Attorneys assist concerned residents after cyber attack
- Basketball fundraiser supports cancer research
- Montefiore to honor Sayre May 22
- Beachwood offers wealth of services to seniors
- Kohls give $1 million to establish cancer-research cycling event