The Indian software industry is poised for a strong revenue growth driven by social media, mobility, analytics and cloud, said a report published by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). The Indian companies in the top 100 emerging markets list bring combined revenue of $797 million. India ranks fifth among the emerging markets based on revenues, according to the PwC Global 100 Software Leaders report, ...
spam was being sent from India and the country stood second among the spam sending countries. The report added that 1.75% of computers in India were found accessing Botnet connected servers, ...
Mailbox CEO Gentry Underwood said that people have to use email whether they like it or not. So they target those people who feel crushed by it, and build an experience that is more delightful. ...
Time Warner Cable's bid was fashioned as an equity investment, another person said, as the cable operator hopes to set up a joint venture with other cable companies to operate ...
MOSCOW: Vkontakte, Russia's biggest social networking website, was put on a state registry of blacklisted websites by mistake on Friday, an official said. "This was a mistake. Our employee put a tick in the wrong place," said Vladimir Pikov, spokesman for Russia's telecom watchdog Roskomnadzor. "We will ...
Atonement, which has been adapted from Ian McEwan's bestselling novel, starts with the intimate, spreads itself out to the epic, and then tries to return to an even deeper and more intimate interiority, one that is meant to make us cry with the tragedy while simultaneously questioning ... ...
infertility specialist Dr Nandita Palshetkar says that the high-frequency electromagnetic radiation that cell phones emit may be associated with increased risk of brain tumours. "However, other tissues in the body such as the testes may also be sensitive to these cell phone radio frequency electromagnetic fields. Cellphone fields, because of their frequency and intensity, are prone to ...
NEW DELHI: Nokia has slashed the price of its Lumia 920 flagship smartphone in India, barely a week after it introduced the Lumia 925 globally. Lumia 920 was launched in the country in January this year at Rs 38,199, but can now be purchased at Rs 32,639 from the Finnish manufacturer's partner website. The company is also offering a free wireless charger, priced at Rs 3,000, with the ...
NEW DELHI: UPA at 9 may not have done very much but it has certainly tweeted a lot. In the last 200 days (since the last reshuffle) the government may have been challenged to find convincing explanations for the surge of new controversies but that has not stopped it from stepping up its act on social media. First movers ...
Consumer demand for low-cost applications that can replace short text messaging on mobile phones helped spur the launch of a Bangalore-based start-up ...
viruses and other molecules. The app and cradle system for smartphones has sensitive biosensing capabilities that could enable on-the-spot tracking of groundwater contamination and combine the phone's GPS data with biosensing data to map ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort & Towers
I have spent time at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi previously, in the restaurants and the tavern pub, but hadn't ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
A team of paleontologists from the University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Cleveland Museum of Natural History and University of Calgary have identified a new dinosaur, the smallest plant-eating dinosaur species known from Canada.
Albertadromeus syntarsus was identified from a partial hind leg, and other skeletal elements, that indicate it was a speedy runner. Approximately 1.6 m (5 ft) long, it weighed about 16 kg (30 lbs), comparable to a large turkey.
Albertadromeus lived in what is now southern Alberta in the Late Cretaceous, about 77 million years ago.
Albertadromeus syntarsus means "Alberta runner with fused foot bones". Unlike its much larger ornithopod cousins, the duckbilled dinosaurs, its two fused lower leg bones would have made it a fast, agile two-legged runner. This animal is the smallest known plant-eating dinosaur in its ecosystem, and researchers hypothesize that it used its speed to avoid predation by the many species of meat-eating dinosaurs that lived at the same time.
Albertadromeus was discovered in 2009 by study co-author David Evans of the Royal Ontario Museum as part an on-going collaboration with Michael Ryan of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History to investigate the evolution of dinosaurs in the Late Cretaceous of North America. ...
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- Manufacturers Hope SCOTUS Takes Up The Case Of The Smelly Washer
- Philadelphia Soul Owners Taking Arena Football League To China
- How To See What Others Dont
- Post Tornado Insurance Rates May Rise
- Food supplement cuts heart failure mortality by half
- 9-year-old girl tells McDonalds CEO to not trick kids into eating unhealthy food
- UN report highlights benefits of school meal programmes in crisis settings
- Steal The Menu A Chronicle Of A Career In Food Coverage
- Baptist Church In Oklahoma Churns Out Meals For Victims
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- Women should look real raw Gisele Bundchen
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- 100-year-old X-rays reveal how corset-clad Victorian women endured pain
- Inked women more approachable but have looser morals
- US stocks remain weak on track for weekly loss
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared Friday
- NEW YORK – Der Dow Jones Industrial ist mit dem ersten
- US stocks flat as bulls get cautious
- US STOCKS-Wall St posts 1st weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst
- Filmmaker actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to help student athletes in Ohio schools
- Unseasonably Cool Temps Mostly Clear Skies Ahead For Saturday
- Delaware County Investigators Look Into Possible Child Enticement
- Hot-hitting Cincy tabs Bailey to clinch series against Cubs
- CURRICULUM DEBATEOhio District Mulls Allowing Creationism in Classrooms
- Legislature weighs measures to cope with timber counties
- Study to question popularity of environmental investing
- Environmental Groups Court Strikes Down Bush Administration Pollution Monitoring Loophole Upholds Publics Right to Know
- Environmental Groups Judge Dismisses Inyo County Lawsuit to Open Roads in Remote Death Valley Wilderness
- Environmental Defense Fund Co-sponsor of Global Warming Solutions Act to Provide Testimony at San Jose Public Workshop on Draft Scoping Plan to Implement Law
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kazmir no stranger to pitching at Fenway Park
- Masterson stumbles Indians offense held in check
- Garfield Heights mother remembers fallen military
- Cleveland Chilly start to the holiday weekend
- Francona impressed with Santanas power patience