Ariel Castro, who is accused of holding three women captive in his Cleveland home for nearly a decade, may receive charges in addition to 300-plus he pleaded not guilty to earlier this ...
FAIRPORT, Mich. -; Archaeologists say a wooden beam found embedded in the floor of Lake Michigan wasn't attached to a larger vessel, but that it could be a detached piece of wreckage from a ship that disappeared while exploring the Great Lakes in the 17th ...
State Route 29, between U.S. Route 42 and Interstate 70 in Madison County, was closed Wednesday afternoon because of a crash involving a car and a semi.The crash also closed the ramp from I-70 west to S.R. 29.According to Ohio State Highway Patrol officials, the crash occurred shortly before noon. The name of the person who was killed in the crash was not immediately released.It was unknown if ...
Serena Williams says she's reaching out to the family of the victim in the Steubenville rape case after the tennis star was quoted in a Rolling Stone article saying "she shouldn't have put herself in that position." In a statement released through her agent Wednesday, Williams says: "What was written - what I supposedly said - is insensitive and hurtful, and I by no ...
The Logan County Sheriff’s Office was on scene at Indian Lake on Wednesday afternoon after a man reportedly fell overboard.According to the sheriff’s office, a man was reported to be in the water at about 12:21 p.m. Crews launched boats to try to find the man after the report of the possible drowning.The Ohio State Highway Patrol also was on scene helping with the water rescue ...
Grand Illusion (La grande illusion)
Digitally restored for its 75th anniversary theatrical re-release, Jean Renoirs masterpiece Grand Illusion (Le grand illusion) remains a monumental humanist work that does what all great works do: It transcends the specifics of its time and place and speaks to us in a ... ...
A man accused of kidnapping three women and holding them in his home and raping them over a decade was given a late summer trial date Wednesday. Ariel Castro, 52, appeared in court for a brief hearing as Judge Michael Russo said he was aiming to begin the trial by Aug. 4, meeting a 90-day speedy trial requirement. Castro was arrested May 6, and the speedy trial requirement could be waived to ...
Police say a man was found dead by his roommate early Wednesday morning.According to police, the man was found dead around 6 a.m. in his home in the 900 block of Carpenter Street in southeast Columbus.Police are calling the man’s death suspicious.Detectives said the man did have some apparent injuries, though.Police said that neighbors told them that the man was known to fall down a lot ...
The Drug Enforcement Administration now says that 16 people were arrested and more than 11 kilos of heroin were found at two condos near Hilliard earlier this month.Columbus SWAT, Franklin County Sheriff’s deputies and DEA officers raided more than eight locations in Columbus, Grove City and Hilliard as part of a year-long investigation into heroin trafficking.Agents raided the two condos ...
Ariel Castro, who is accused of keeping three women captive for a decade in his Cleveland home, appeared before Judge Michael J. Russo for a pre-trial ...
Cleveland women held captive 'like they were POWs' CLEVELAND - Prosecutors want to bring additional charges as soon as possible against a former Cleveland school-bus driver accused of holding three women captive in his home and torturing them for a decade, authorities said on Wednesday. Ariel Castro, 52, has pleaded not guilty to more than 300 charges against him including rape and ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Only 20 miles from Kono International Airport on the Big Island of Hawaii. Access is easy, just turn left at ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
A team of paleontologists from the University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Cleveland Museum of Natural History and University of Calgary have identified a new dinosaur, the smallest plant-eating dinosaur species known from Canada.
Albertadromeus syntarsus was identified from a partial hind leg, and other skeletal elements, that indicate it was a speedy runner. Approximately 1.6 m (5 ft) long, it weighed about 16 kg (30 lbs), comparable to a large turkey.
Albertadromeus lived in what is now southern Alberta in the Late Cretaceous, about 77 million years ago.
Albertadromeus syntarsus means "Alberta runner with fused foot bones". Unlike its much larger ornithopod cousins, the duckbilled dinosaurs, its two fused lower leg bones would have made it a fast, agile two-legged runner. This animal is the smallest known plant-eating dinosaur in its ecosystem, and researchers hypothesize that it used its speed to avoid predation by the many species of meat-eating dinosaurs that lived at the same time.
Albertadromeus was discovered in 2009 by study co-author David Evans of the Royal Ontario Museum as part an on-going collaboration with Michael Ryan of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History to investigate the evolution of dinosaurs in the Late Cretaceous of North America. ...
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Microsoft offers hefty bounties to thwart hackers
- TD best suited Canadian bank to respond to higher rates U.S. dollar
- Over 8000 held for food crimes in China
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Food stamp cuts key to farm bills fate in House
- World Food Prize goes to 3 biotech researchers who made genetically modified plants possible
- School board declines to review food funds
- Facebooks big idea event Join us Thursday
- Twitter and Viacom announce social video marketing pact
- Feedly upgrades site to prep for Google Readers demise
- Rdios Vdio service now open to everyone in U.S. U.K.
- Radio stations tune in profits despite heavy competition
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Regular use of talcum powder ups risk of ovarian cancer by 24pc
- FedEx offers glum outlook on economic growth
- Investors shouldnt worry about the Fed
- What Google could learn from Yahoos acquisition strategy
- US STOCKS-Wall St edges lower as Fed statement looms
- NYSE partner ATG file for approval to create Brazil exchange
- Ariel Castro Cleveland Kidnapping Suspect May Receive Additional Charges
- Wooden beam could be detached part of shipwreck
- 1 Dead After Semi Car Collide In Madison County
- Serena Williams Says She Is Sorry After Steubenville Rape Case Comments
- Crews Search Indian Lake After Report Of Possible Drowning
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Leaving no butts behind TerraCycle launches second year of ambitious program to recycle cigarette waste
- Invasive Snails are Target of UI USGS Environmental DNA Study
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ariel Castro Cleveland Kidnapping Suspect May Receive Additional Charges
- Lake County Narcotics team Wickliffe PD make heroin arrest
- Troopers seize $25K worth of cocaine in Lorain County stop
- Drive-by shooting in Akron vehicle found suspect loose
- Accused Cleveland kidnapper utters few words in court