) is holding an event in New York City on Monday evening, at which many are speculating the company could announce a deal with the social blogging platform Tumblr. Reports surfaced last week that Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is said to ...
OPINION: Did you get excited when the Dow Jones broke through 15,000 last week? Did you even know . . . or care? There are some who take these market milestones very seriously. I remember discussing the importance of the Dow Jones breaking through 13,000 back in February 2012. It was important then because for many investors it meant their investments were back to their pre-2008 level ...
A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
Investing.com - U.S. stocks opened higher on Friday, as investors awaited the release of U.S. economic data later in the day, although earlier comments by a regional Federal Reserve chairman added to expectations for a near-term end to the U.S. central bank's asset buying program. During early U.S. trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.15%, the S&P 500 index rose ...
79°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 1 MPH
The Adventures of Antoine Doinel: The 400 Blows, Antoine and Colette, Stolen Kisses, Bed and Board, Love on the Run [DVD]
In the early 1950s, with the help of noted film theorist and critic Andr Bazin, 20-year-old Franois Truffaut began writing regularly for the Parisian film journal Cahiers du cinma. He quickly gained a reputation as an uncompromising and often vicious critic with a clear-cut sense of what was great about the cinemahe openly took aim on such previously untouchable French masters as Marcel Car ... ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wrest Point Hotel & Casino, Hobart, Australia
This 4 star hotel, casino and entertainment complex is situated on the foreshores of Sandy Bay in Hobart, the capital ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
The attorneys for Ariel Castro, the man accused of raping and kidnapping three women for around a decade in his Cleveland home, have claimed that he's not a 'monster' and will plead not guilty to kidnapping and rape charges.
Lawyer Jaye Schlachet said that they will plead that Castro is not guilty, but did not say on what grounds Castro will plead not guilty.
According to news.com.au, the lawyers said that Castro is not a monster and should not be demonised by the media. Schlachet added that all the evidence will be disclosed at the court proceedings,
The 52-year-old is being held on an eight million dollars bond and has been charged with kidnapping and raping three women over a 10-year period, one of whom bore his child in captivity.
Prosecutors said that they also may charge Castro with the aggravated murder of unborn babies as one of the women lost during beatings, a crime that could carry death penalty.
Michelle Knight, 32, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Amanda Berry, 27, were freed on May 6 after a neighbour heard Berry call for help and kicked in the door to Castro's house in a working-class Cleveland neighbourhood. (ANI)
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Wanted By Thieves The Chopard 2013 Red Carpet Jewelry Collection
- The Silent Company Killer
- Retiring Boomers Sell Their Businesses
- Google Americas third political party
- Want to try Anglo-Indian food Thirty Nine in Hauz Khas ideal place
- Rahul Gandhi criticises opposition for stalling Food Bill
- Top restaurants find new rules hard for them to stomach
- Health fears over high fresh food price
- What do we eat New food map will tell us
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Luc Bessons EuropaCorp Chinas Fundamental to Co-Produce Transporter Films
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Women fall for men with styled facial hair
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- U.S. stocks on a roll Yahoo Microsoft stoke appetite
- Keeping the focus on long term
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- U.S. stocks higher ahead of data Dow Jones up 0.15
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Climate change meltdown unlikely but human disaster looms claims new research
- The invisible beauty of flowers - in pictures
- Tar sands exploitation would be game over climate warns leading scientist
- Tax avoidance how to change corporate behaviour
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Miracle in Cleveland but we still need miracles elsewhere too
- Cleveland Asian Festival 2013 Wish they allowed camping out there
- Gomes taking advantage of chances
- VP Atkins heaps high praise on prospect Lindor
- Todays MLB starting lineups May 19