Beijing, May 22 (Xinhua-ANI): The U.S. dollar advanced against most major currencies on Tuesday, but weakened against the euro after a U.S. Federal Reserve official indicated that the central bank may not taper its bond-purchasing program soon. St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank President James Bullard said at an event in Frankfurt that the Fed should continue with the quantitative easing to boost ...
It is believed that the mighty T. rex may have thrashed its massive head from side to side to dismember prey, but a new study has shown that its smaller cousin Allosaurus was a more dexterous hunter and tugged at prey more like a modern-day falcon. "Many people think of Allosaurus as a smaller and earlier version of T. rex, but our engineering analyses show that they were very different ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
Microsoft unveiled a new Xbox console Tuesday that represents a major upgrade on the US-market-leading Xbox 360 model. The president of the IT giant's Interactive Entertainment Business, Don Mattrick, revealed the hi-tech Xbox One entertainment and gaming console during an event at Microsoft's Redmond, Washington, campus. The Xbox One was presented as an all-in-one system for gaming, watching ...
REDMOND, WASHINGTON Microsoft Corp gave the world the first look at its new game console on Tuesday, hoping the Xbox One will attract existing video game fans while also becoming a hub for living room entertainment. The third-generation Microsoft console, coming eight years after the Xbox 360, was unveiled by games unit chief Don Mattrick at an event at the software company's campus ...
85°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the South at 1 MPH
The Last Samurai
Edward Zwicks The Last Samurai is about two warriors from extremely different cultures who start out as enemies, find that they share much in common ideologically, and end up fighting side-by-side in a losing battle in which the only victory they care about is maintaining their honor. ...
Pulse Electronics, a San Diego electronic components maker, announced a 1-for-10 reverse stock split effective Wednesday, with the aim of meeting requirements to keep the company's shares listed on the New York Stock ...
Microsoft Xbox Head Don Mattrick unveils the Xbox One | Image courtesy of Microsoft Begun, this next-generation console war has. With yesterday's divisive unveiling of the Xbox ...
Microsoft promises the Xbox One will be more than just a game console, but a "living room" with a TV tuner and cable box. Users will be able to switch between watching TV and gaming instantly through the Kinect ...
Kimberly Ann Miale to make her mark as a part of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Sports. Miale, who has failed to negotiate any active players' contracts in the NFL, signed New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith and will now be tasked with negotiating his contract with the team that selected him in the 2013 NFL ...
opus of wonkery on government accounting, that delightfully touches on some of the geekier issues like the connection between loan payments and what it means-to-be, a question perhaps more broadly understood as something like, "what is the nature of the immortal soul." This bit, however, is asking the wrong ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Venetian Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
In the middle of the Strip, and opposite the Mirage and Treasure Island is the Venetian, adjacent to its sister ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
The attorneys for Ariel Castro, the man accused of raping and kidnapping three women for around a decade in his Cleveland home, have claimed that he's not a 'monster' and will plead not guilty to kidnapping and rape charges.
Lawyer Jaye Schlachet said that they will plead that Castro is not guilty, but did not say on what grounds Castro will plead not guilty.
According to news.com.au, the lawyers said that Castro is not a monster and should not be demonised by the media. Schlachet added that all the evidence will be disclosed at the court proceedings,
The 52-year-old is being held on an eight million dollars bond and has been charged with kidnapping and raping three women over a 10-year period, one of whom bore his child in captivity.
Prosecutors said that they also may charge Castro with the aggravated murder of unborn babies as one of the women lost during beatings, a crime that could carry death penalty.
Michelle Knight, 32, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Amanda Berry, 27, were freed on May 6 after a neighbour heard Berry call for help and kicked in the door to Castro's house in a working-class Cleveland neighbourhood. (ANI)
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Microsoft unveils new all-in-one Xbox console
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Common food supplement made from beef oysters fights degenerative brain disorders
- Four farming groups to receive 2013 Plant Genome Saviour Community Awards
- Future Astronauts Could Print Food
- St. Charles letter carrier collects 2872 pounds in food donations
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- Newsweeks All-Digital Relaunch Includes Ad Sponsorship Plan
- Foursquare gets better at local search with new filters on mobile
- Twitter lets advertisers collect contact info from tweets
- Cable Companies Chafe as Low-Rated Channels Change Names
- Gunmen kill 12 Iraqis in attack on brothel
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Do-or-die for India women against Chinese Taipei
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Dimons victory may be taxpayers regret
- Stocks surge as Bernanke retains dovish tone
- Jamie Dimon may face a new tougher board
- U.S. stocks higher on Bernanke stimulus talk
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks rally after Bernanke starts testimony
- Fire damages timber factory in Delhi
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Task force appointed to protect environment
- Spectacular mountain running – in pictures
- The Little Brown Bat is the Focus of the Latest HWW PSA
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Farm Garden Day at the Cleveland Metroparks
- Kevin S. Adelstein named CJN publisherCEO
- Cleveland Cavaliers notes Cavs win 2013 NBA Draft Lottery
- Cleveland 13 indicted firefighters suspended without pay
- Menorah Park Metroparks Zoo partner for nature center