bring in extra telecommunications resources to the affected area and will waive overage charges for affected customers through June 30. "Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tornado," the company said Tuesday. "We are coordinating with local authorities and bringing in additional resources. We recommend text messaging for communications with family, friends, ...
) is gathering steam in Cannes with Metrodome snatching up U.K. rights to the 80s period piece after seeing a 3-minute promo screened by sales agent ...
(Credit: Pandora) Dying to listen to the new Kanye West album before it's for sale? You just might be in luck. Pandora, the music streaming site and app, on Tuesday ...
The proliferation of digital channels, the Internet of things, and tomorrow's industrial Internet demand new technology skills from the chief marketing officer. ...
Cannes: Zentropa Unveils Teaser Poster for Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac' The book, one of the Sweden's best-selling novels, has been translated into 24 languages. It is the story of Red Orm, a 10th-century Norseman living in the pre-Christian nation of ...
Winds: From the West at 1 MPH
Don McKay [Blu-Ray]
Jake Goldbergers directorial debut Don McKay is an offbeat neo-noir that features one of those convoluted scams whose slow and methodical revelation provides a great teal of tense pleasure, but once revealed is so inanely complicated and ridiculous that you have to wonder if it is all ... ...
Cannes: U.K. to Get 'Sake-Bombed' The novel follows 82-year-old widower and ex-Marine Sheldon Horowitz who, having grudgingly moving to Oslo with his granddaughter and her Norwegian husband, witnesses the murder of a woman in his apartment complex. He rescues her six-year-old son and goes on the run, fearing that the Balkan gang responsible for the murder will return. Chased by the ...
SYDNEY - U.S. private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co will sell its entire AUS$260 million (US$255 million) stake in Australia’s Seven West Media, ending a seven year partnership in the top rating Australian TV network, Seven West ...
(Credit: YouTube/Screenshot by Lance Whitney/CNET) Nokia is out with another promo showing off the camera of its new Lumia 928 smartphone. A spot posted on YouTube reveals a series ...
TV networks have a bigger concern than one-upping their broadcast rivals: grabbing attention from original content on nontraditional platforms. ...
(Credit: CNET) More customers are satisfied with Apple's phones than any other handsets, but they're not as happy as they were last year, a new report said. According to an American Customer Satisfaction Index report issued today, Apple received a score of 81 (on a scale of 100) in terms of customer satisfaction. But the company dropped 2 percent from its 2012 position, and the ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cleveland StarCleveland Star | Source for Cleveland News & Ohio updates
The Cleveland Star is essentially a local Cleveland newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Cleveland, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Cleveland Star.
The attorneys for Ariel Castro, the man accused of raping and kidnapping three women for around a decade in his Cleveland home, have claimed that he's not a 'monster' and will plead not guilty to kidnapping and rape charges.
Lawyer Jaye Schlachet said that they will plead that Castro is not guilty, but did not say on what grounds Castro will plead not guilty.
According to news.com.au, the lawyers said that Castro is not a monster and should not be demonised by the media. Schlachet added that all the evidence will be disclosed at the court proceedings,
The 52-year-old is being held on an eight million dollars bond and has been charged with kidnapping and raping three women over a 10-year period, one of whom bore his child in captivity.
Prosecutors said that they also may charge Castro with the aggravated murder of unborn babies as one of the women lost during beatings, a crime that could carry death penalty.
Michelle Knight, 32, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Amanda Berry, 27, were freed on May 6 after a neighbour heard Berry call for help and kicked in the door to Castro's house in a working-class Cleveland neighbourhood. (ANI)
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Microsoft expected to reveal next-generation Xbox at headquarters presentation
- Indexes edge higher on Wall Street in midday trading eyes on Federal Reserve moves
- GM to invest $44.5M in Lansing Cadillac factory creating 200 jobs
- Subsidy Reform Dispute Imperils Moroccos Ruling Coalition
- Media Advisory - International Chardonnay Day May 23 celebrates worlds most planted grape
- Bugs for dinner Thailand raises ‘six-legged livestock’ for global food study
- Chartwells School Dining Services Partners with Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana to Re-Launch the Spartan Summer Food ...
- Macken to Head U.S. Sales at Kellogg
- ATT Sprint waive overage fees for Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cannes Metrodome Takes Lukas Moodyssons We Are the Best
- Pandora now lets you listen to albums before theyre released
- Worlds Collide The New Data-Focused CMOs and Their CIO Counterparts
- Cannes In a Better World Girl with Dragon Tattoo Producers Unite for Viking Epic
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Afghan women getting jailed for moral crimes
- 72 pc women experience constipation bowel problems during pregnancy
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- Dow Jones stocks jump on early Tuesday trading
- National Credit Default Rates Fell in April 2013 According to the SPExperian Consumer Credit Default Indices
- US stocks rise on strong Home Depot result
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks rise with Fed speakers on tap
- US halts JPY slide while NYSE suffer Flash-Bang-Wallop
- Franklin County Officials Installing More Tornado Sirens
- Officer Released From Hospital After Being Hit By Suspects Vehicle
- Ohio Rep To Step Down As House Democratic Leader
- Surviving Victim Of Deadly Knox County Kidnappings Receives Protection Order Against Father Step-Mother
- Woman Run Over By Garbage Truck Near Westerville South High School
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Sweet chestnut blight – the latest threat
- DR Congo waits on funding for Grand Inga
- How can tree stumps improve agricultural productivity
- Record Burmese python caught in Florida
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cleveland Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kohls give $1 million to establish cancer-research cycling event
- Akron toddler drowns in Muskingum River
- Cleveland Clinic launching Pelotonia-like cycling event in 2014
- Cleveland 2 hospitalized after car hits house
- Cleveland Police investigate shooting on E. 89th Street